IUBio

Microbial Phys. Textbook??

Dave Boone boone at ese.ogi.edu
Tue Oct 10 10:29:41 EST 1995

In article <199510091847.OAA04152 at hobbes.kzoo.edu> ogston at HOBBES.KZOO.EDU (Walter Ogston) writes:
>benedik at uh.edu (benedik at uh.edu) asks:
>> Does anyone have any favorite textbooks to recommend for a Microbial
>> Physiology class. I am looking for some new texts to consider. This is
>> a junior/senior level class with prerequisites of biochemistry and
>> basic micriobiology.

I recently received the following book to review for JACS.  I haven't
completed the first complete reading, but it looks pretty good, it seems
to be at the correct level for you, it's recent and available in
paperback:

Microbial Physiology, third ed.  1995.  Albert G. Moat and John W. Foster.
Wiley-Liss, Inc., 605 Third Ave., New York. ISBN 0-471-01295-5 (cloth) or
ISBN 0-471-01452-4 (paper).

dave boone
David R. Boone                  | "Many scientists classify bacteria.  Which
Prof. of Environ. Microbiology  | means that it is only for them to know, and
Oregon Graduate Institute       | they won't tell other people about it."
503-690-1146, fax 503-690-1273  |        --from a 4th-grade science project
boone at ese.ogi.edu; http://www.ese.ogi.edu/ese_docs/boone.html