IUBio

Tb fit testing

Dennis Gaunt dgaunt at uhl.uiowa.edu
Mon Nov 20 16:48:03 EST 1995

Bill Keil (billkeil at aol.com) wrote:
: Personnel that work with mycobacteria in our clinical micro lab are fit
: tested once a year.  We were wondering how often are other labs fit
: testing their employees that work with mycobacteria??  Any help updating
: our procedure would be appreciated!!   Thanx.
: Bill Keil M.T. (ASCP)
: e-mail: Bill Keil at aol.com

Since, to my knowledge, there is no formal mandate about wearing
a special respirator for mycobacteria it would be a guess as to how
often fit-testing should be done.  It's probably up to individual
lab directors unless or until OSHA rules on something.
| Dennis D. Gaunt                   | Internet: dgaunt at uhl.uiowa.edu |
| The University of Iowa            |    Voice: (319) 335-4500       |
| Oakdale Research Campus           |      FAX: (319) 335-4555       |
| Iowa City, Iowa  52242            |                                |