IUBio

Redox Shock?

Bernard "Butch" Garcia aswang at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 19 11:42:36 EST 1995


Can anyone help me?
Someone told me that they heard of a filter media they found in a new
type of water filtration system causes "Redox Shock". This media is
comprised of a 50/50 blend of Zinc and Copper.

What happens is that the water is forced through this media and Redox
Shock occurs, which is supposed to be destructive to live bacteria and
that is why the filter media does not have to be changed as compared to
other filters found in most of the water purification systems being
sold on the market today.

If this is possible why does the blend of copper and zinc cause this,
or is there something more to this that what I am being told?

Thanks





More information about the Microbio mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net