Heavy metals removal (fwd)

Potter Wickware wick at NETCOM.COM
Fri Jul 29 11:30:46 EST 1994

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 09:17:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Potter Wickware <wick at netcom.com>
To: microbiology at net.bio.net
Subject: Re: Heavy metals removal (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 09:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Potter Wickware <wick at netcom.com>
To: Jim Selegean <jselegea at cedar.cic.net>
Cc: microbiology at net.bio.net
Subject: Re: Heavy metals removal

check author Brierley, Corale, and author Brierley, Jim.  And check
Biohydrometallurgy, symposium papaers that come out every two years.
Much interest here in microbial remediation of mine wastewaters and other
metal contaminated sites.  Also check the journal Geomicrobiology.
Finally, the Idaho National Engineering laboratory has a group lead by PR
Dugan which is devoted to bioprocessing.  A good though dated primer on
the subject is Brierley's "Microbiological mining" in the 1982 Scientific
American.

Potter Wickware, Oakland, CA.