AGAR Contents

TerrorGram terrorgram at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 22:35:44 EST 1994

Hi! Sorry I don't have the real details.. but I have a suggestion as to
how to obtain what you're looking for.
Seems to me, I remember from my college days, that there are several
different variations of agar medium, depending upon the type of lil
beastie you're trying to grow.
I know now a days, that there are commercial companies that make prepared
dishes, or agar in kits, thus simplifying the lab tech's job. ANYHOW.. way
back when, folks used to make their own all the time. You can find the
recipes in old biology texts, I'm sure. Now for the nutritional data...
there are charts about that indicate how many calories and which nutrients
are in which item. We're talkin' some major crossreferencing... but I'm
sure you're up to it! <G>
On the OTHER side... you might consider calling Fisher Scientific or some
other lab supply company, and asking for the name/phone number of a
supplier of Agar. Then call THAT company, and you're in like Flynn!
Happy hunting!

One beer, two beer, three beer, four
Now I'm laying on the floor
Much too far to reach my glass
Think I'll just get stoned on grass     (c) 1994 TerrorGram