telephones vs. infection control

DAVID GRUBBS daveman at aztec.inre.asu.edu
Mon Dec 12 22:49:39 EST 1994

Does anyone know of any citations or research regarding the
problems of institutional infection control as it relates to the
telephone?  Specifically, has the hospital telephone been \
examined as a source of post-op infections (MRSA's, viral agents,
enterics,etc.)
My experience in both clinical and in-patient experience is the
telephone is virtually invisible when it comes to sanitation and
infection control in the hospital setting.   Please respond via
e-mail to my address.  Thank you for any help in the subject.
David Grubbs     e-mail to: daveman at aztec.asu.edu
Phoenix, AZ USA
-- "No Matter Where You Go,There You Are"-Buckaroo Banzai ------