RAPD/PSEUDOMONADS

David Demezas demed at vms.ucc.okstate.edu.
Thu Dec 15 17:31:07 EST 1994

I wish to use RAPD to fingerprint fluorescent pseudomonads.  I have
been using REP-PCR (ala Versalovic) and have had great success.  I now
want to expand the number of primers to exam more of the genome.  Does
anyone have any experience with RAPD analysis of pseudomonads or
bacteria with similar G+C content and if so, do you have any
suggestions on a source of random primers.  I know that there are
several sources of primers, I have looked into two, Operon and Genosys.
 Operon supplies random primers with a G+C content of between 60 and
70%.  Genosys' primers are specifically 60 or 70 or 80%, whatever you
want.  Is it wise to initiate studies using a collection of primers
with a single percentage or a range of percentages?  I would be
greatful for any comments/suggestions.