latex gloves/HIV/'powder'

Hazen at avpims01.ncifcrf.gov Hazen at avpims01.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Dec 14 18:18:40 EST 1994

We have used latex gloves in for HIV large volume prodution for years and have
not had leakage problems.  There are also several tests that have shown
most brands to not allow HIV to pass through.  We have refused gloves due to
the poor quality.  If the gloves break when donning them, thrown the whole box
in the trash and find another supplier.  The gloves were probably on the shelf
too long.  I usually double-glove with my bottom layer non-powdered to prevent
talc-related dermatitis.  The top layer is powdered and has never caused
interference with our assays.  I hope this allows you to sleep again.
						Allison