Another question

Amy Caudy acaudy at FREENET.COLUMBUS.OH.US
Fri Dec 2 19:26:37 EST 1994

	In the spirit of the question about ruminant bacteria, I was
musing about bacteria and fungi the other day as I was transfer plating.
Why do we (seemingly, perhaps) have more trouble with bacterial diseases
when it is so difficult to kill fungi?  (Of course, we are making it
harder and harder to kill bacteria by building antibiotic resistance.)
Anyway, I was trying to think of fungal diseases, and they really seem to
be rare.  No hurry, I'm just interested in anyone's thoughts.