[Q] Up to date bacterial nomenclature, DSM, IJSB?

Niels Larsen niels at phylo.life.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 2 15:33:51 EST 1994

Dear all,
   At http://www.ftpt.br there is posted a list of bacterial names
created by DSM and IJSB.  Unfortunately the connection to these
fine pages is very slow and sometimes broken.  Does anyone know an
alternative location where updated bacterial nomenclature can be
fetched by ftp?
   Second, do ATCC or DSM have ftp'able catalogues with lists of
the organisms they have for sale?  We have their printed catalogues,
but I am interested in electronic versions.
                                             Niels Larsen

|  Niels Larsen, PhD                 E-mail niels at darwin.life.uiuc.edu   |
|  Department of Microbiology        Phone  (217)-333-9369               |
|  University of Illinois            Fax    (217)-244-6697  (shared)     |
|  131 Burrill Hall                                                      |
|  407 South Goodwin Avenue                                              |
|  Urbana, IL 61801, U.S.A.                                              |
|                            (home)                                      |
|  1001 Ross Drive                   Phone  (217)-356-5451  (ans mach)   |
|  Champaign, IL 61821, U.S.A.         Fax  (217)-356-5451  (the same)   |