Bioremediation

Mark Robbins mark.robbins at ssanctum.com
Fri Dec 2 09:14:00 EST 1994

 IS> spills.  The question I have from anyone out there is this:
 IS> Are there are any articles or journals you could suggest where I
 IS> could find the most recent information about what has already been done
 IS> in this subject area?
 IS> From what research I have done, I have determined that there have
 IS> been no uses of genetically modified organisms outside of laboratory
 IS> conditions...is this true?  If this is the case would a proposal
 IS> suggesting a battery of tests for a particular microorganism that has
 IS> been gentetically modified be best.  Thanks for any help you can
 IS> give... --

    No uses? Who do you think cleaned up the Exxon Valdez spill?

   This is a front cover story of a recent NASA TECH BRIEFS; the person
   who invented the oil eating mechanism and its encapsulation. It is
   the "Mission Accomplished" Issue - Volume 18, Number 9.  You can get
   info about the microencapsulation process of the microorganisms by
   contacting :

  Mr John Sukaly
  Petrol Rem, Inc.
  1405 Parkway View Drive
  Pittsburgh, PA  15205
  (412) 787-7876

... I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere!
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12