Batonella bacilliformis

Pfaller Peter pfaller at mpk.med.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Dec 2 05:51:32 EST 1994

In article <01HK4TDH2Y6W9PP2FE at mecn.mass.edu>, FRC95ISA001 at mecn.mass.edu wrote:

>         Good day every one!  Could someone please tell me where Bartonella
> got its name?  What are the treamentsand its side effects?

According to Bergey«s Manual of Systematic Bacteriology Bartonella got his
name after Dr. A. L. Barton who described these.
B. bacilliformis is sensitive to penicillin, streptomycin, chloramphenicol
and oxytetracycline.
Human bartonellosis may be manifested as a progressive anaemia (Oroya
fever) or as cutaneous eruption (Verruga peruana).
Human infection is aquired when the female flies take the organism
contained in the blood meal during the nighttime.

Sincerely
Peter Pfaller

--
Peter Pfaller