Bioremediation

Ian Sanderson shafik at eden.rutgers.edu
Thu Dec 1 13:33:50 EST 1994

	I am writing, or am supposed to be writing a research proposal for a Scientific and Technical Writing class I am in at Rutgers University.  I have just switched into the major of biotechnology and as a result have to do something pertaining to my major.  I have chosen to work with bioremediation, and will probably work with bioremediation of oil spills.  The question I have from anyone out there is this:
	Are there are any articles or journals you could suggest where I could find the most recent information about what has already been done in this subject area?
	From what research I have done, I have determined that there have been no uses of genetically modified organisms outside of laboratory conditions...is this true?  If this is the case would a proposal suggesting a battery of tests for a particular microorganism that has been gentetically modified be best.  Thanks for any help you can give...
shafik at eden.rutgers.edu
Cook College