Fwd: Slimy recombinant e.coli pellet

Imran khan via methods%40net.bio.net (by incredibleleo from yahoo.com)
Wed Nov 22 13:40:54 EST 2017

Or you could just add dnase/ benzonase for 5 minutes and use lysozyme for protein isolation from IBs much gentler.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 at 3:01 am, DK<dk from no.email.thankstospam.net> wrote:   In article <mailman.123.1510862205.15473.methods from net.bio.net>, Megha Goyal <mgbiotec from gmail.com> wrote:
>yes we also assume the same. so any suggestion how can we handle it. Our
>protein is in form of inclusion bodies and we get our protein but slimy
>cell mass makes it difficult to handle the cell paste.

If it's in IBs then who and why cares about the "slime"? You'll need to
sonicate/French press anyway and that breaks up DNA nicely. I'd suggest
sonication (looooong sonication) after every pelleting/wash cycle. That's
the right thing to do when cleaning up IBs for refolding anyway.

DK