Slimy recombinant e.coli pellet

Megha Goyal via methods%40net.bio.net (by mgbiotec from gmail.com)
Thu Nov 9 01:11:15 EST 2017

Dear All,

We are doing fermentation for recombinant protein using E.coli culture.
Earlier we used to obtain compact cell pellet on harvesting (3 Hrs after
IPTG Induction). But recently we observed that the cell pellet harvested
are of slimy consistency and they do not homogenise in the washing buffer
(tris-nacl-edta). We observe thread like consistency and no matter of
stirring it do we get a homogeneous suspension.

Can someone guide me what is the reason for such phenomenon.

Thanks

megha