Phosphate-Buffered Saline precipitate when adding NaOH

najib abdellaoui via methods%40net.bio.net (by najibveto from gmail.com)
Wed Jul 12 07:21:31 EST 2017

hello
i was trying to make a PBS as usual and the component of it as following to make 500 ml of it:

-Na2HPO4 0.575 g
-NaCl 4g
-KH2PO4 0.1 g
-KCl 0.1 g
-CaCl2-2H2O 0.065g
-MgCl2 0.0235
normally we dissolve Na2HPO4 first and we add the remaining components.
we check the pH which was around 6.8 and we added 10 M of NaOH however, we observed formation of cloudy precipitate.
can someone explain why this formation of white precipitate?