Protein detection tags that are dependent on proper folding

somervillebikes via methods%40net.bio.net (by atutter from gmail.com)
Fri Apr 4 09:54:20 EST 2014

I am looking for a protein detection tag that can be used for plate reader-based detection of protein abundance.  I know there are many tags:  luciferase, GFP and its variants, prolabel, etc.  What are some others out there?  Ideally I want something that is small and won't interfere with a protein's native stability (example: GST stabilizes proteins. I don't want that). And it needs to be structure dependent-- i.e., not an antibody paratope like V5, myc, etc. that work when denatured.  I need to be able to detect a protein in cells by way of its tag but only when the protein is soluble.  When the protein becomes denatured I want to lose detection.

Thanks!