Why to use N-lauroylsarcosine for Hybridization?

michel saremi via methods%40net.bio.net (by michel.saremi from hotmail.com)
Thu May 2 10:46:18 EST 2013

Did you get an answer?
I am asking the same question.

In the protocols I have found, it has been used as a prehybridization step, along with formamide.
The molecule is pretty big, I suspect it is used to sandwich itself between the two strands of a DNA or RNA, while the formamide deionizes the the bases, stabilizing dehybridization, prior to Probe-hybridization, but I am guessing.

I look forward to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Best Regards

Michel Saremi