FFPE tissue rehydration - which xylene?

Gerchman via methods%40net.bio.net (by Gerchman from research.haifa.ac.il)
Sun Feb 17 11:25:25 EST 2013

Greetings all

We are trying to rehydrate FFPE samples for protein
extraction (I know it is tricky) and the first on the protocol call for
wash with Xylene to remove the paraffin. The problem is I am not clear
about which xylene as there are at least 3 different isomers (orto, meta
and para).

Anyone knows which one is used?

Many thanks

Yoram