Ammonium sulfate precipitation from solutions with high sugar content

Mon Apr 30 02:52:34 EST 2012

Dear Experts,

I am attempting to precipitate small amounts of (total) protein from a
fruit juice concentrate. It looks quite much like honey. My plan is to
dilute it 1x with water (to reduce viscosity) and then saturate it
with ammonium sulfate. As the solution contains high amounts of sugars
(mostly saccharose, I assume), will these interfere with my
precipitation process?

If yes, what may I do to circumvent it? Probably dialysis, but any
other ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Wo