cellular localization of L-arginine on confocal

Tue Sep 8 08:50:41 EST 2009

Am 04.09.2009, 12:53 Uhr, schrieb Emerson Martins <martinseac from gmail.com>:

> Hi All
> I have to localize L-arginine in live cells on confocal microscopy. Does
> anyone know some fluorescent marker that I can use to treat cells to see
> L-arginine influx?

Arg can be labelled with reagents that carry a glyoxal-group (-CO-CO-).
However, that's usually done with peptidyl-Arg, not the free amino acid.
How is the Arg supposed to enter the cell? Can you use patch clamp or
potential sensitive dyes?