(none)

Dan DANJ at jhuhyg.bitnet
Fri Nov 9 19:27:56 EST 1990

In  recent post  S. Sanford writes:

>A message came over this bboard that I personally feel contained
>inappropriate sociopolitical commentary.  There are many other outlets
>for this kind of discussion.  Just a pet peeve, perhaps.  Thanks,
>                Sanford Silverman

I assume that this is in reaction to the signature that said something about ab
ortion and a religious reference.  If so I whole heartedly agree with Sanford i
n that these types of messages are totally inappropriate.  The use of goverment
funded networks for the spread of religious or poltical statements is certainly
to be discouraged and has no place on a science network at all  (I really don't
know (any lawyers out there?) but this type of thing may even be illegal).
One more person with a pet peeve, perhaps - but I would hope that there are a f
ew others who also find themselves mildly *peeved* :-).

Best regards,

Dan Jacobson