[Info-gcg] Re: GCG non-support

Astala Vista via info-gcg%40net.bio.net (by rwmd1 from NOSPAMle.ac.uk)
Tue Aug 7 02:38:30 EST 2007

Staffa, Nick (NIH/NIEHS) [C] wrote:

> I don't think it solves anything, just letting us keep using what we
> already purchased and at an extra price. The question is: how much?

 From enquiries that we have made, it looks like the price for the
perpetual license will be the same as for a 1-year licence.

One of my main concerns about GCG not being maintained is that any
changes to the formats of EMBL and UniProt sequence files might break
GCG. There have been patches released in the past to cope with new
annotation fields in sequence files. How will this be coped with in the
future?

Raymond Dalgleish
Department of Genetics
University of Leicester