IUBio

NOTE TO THE MODERATOR!

Gordon D. Pusch gdpusch at NO.xnet.SPAM.com
Mon Oct 15 15:49:43 EST 2001

agtr_4 at my-deja.com (argyle) writes:

> Why is this FRAUD allowed to post here and NONE of my rebuttals to
> this post have shown-up in this group?  WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND HERE?

A poster in 'bionet.software' <Message-ID: 9orc1h$aqe$1 at jetsam.uits.indiana.edu>
claimed that while most 'bionet.*' newsgroups have become moderated in the UK,
for some strange reason this change has failed to propagate to most news-servers
in the USA. Hence, users in the USA are getting the SPAMs completely unimpeded.

For example, here is the header I am seeing for your posting:

> From: agtr_4 at my-deja.com (argyle)
> Subject: NOTE TO THE MODERATOR!
> Newsgroups: bionet.software.gcg
> Date: 15 Oct 2001 07:53:22 -0700

As you can see, there is no 'Approved-by:' field.

I have complained to my ISP, and requested that they update the moderation
status of the 'bionet.*' hierarchy on their server as per 'bionet.announce'
posting <http://www.bio.net/hypermail/bionews/bionews.200109/0000.html>,
but they have not even bothered to reply to my complaint.

It appears that we can do little beyond pelt our own ISPs with complaints,
as well as the ISPs owning the news-servers the SPAM was posted through
(in the rare cases when that _can_ be determined!) on a daily basis with
complaints, in the hope that they will eventually get tired of hearing
from us and update the moderation-status of the 'bionet.*' newsgroups
on their servers... :-(

-- Gordon D. Pusch

perl -e '$_ = "gdpusch\@NO.xnet.SPAM.com\n"; s/NO\.//; s/SPAM\.//; print;'