stop seqlab from automatically naming output file

James Dutko jd4300 at albany.edu
Mon Nov 19 22:59:01 EST 2001

I am new to seqlab.  I have looked for a setting (option) to prevent seqlab
from naming an output file with the default chronological file name.  For
example, If I run the program "mapplot" on a sequence in the editor with
the name "testDNA", the figure file has the name "testDNA_15.figure".  In
the actual figure the description line shows "MAPPLOT of:
input_15.rsf{testDNA}".  If I run the program again I get
"testDNA_16.figure" and "MAPPLOT of: input_16.rsf{testDNA}".  I understand
that I can rename the file from the output manager using the "save as"
option but that does not change the description line in the figure.  I
would rather the description in the figure be "MAPPLOT of: testDNA".  I
know that I can simply edit text output files but I have no control over
figures.  This occurs when using SeqLab but not from the command line.  Is
there a way to prevent this chronological file naming or to incorporate my
final file name into the description line of the figure?  Thanks for any
suggestions and help.

James

---