Updating profilescan data files?

Paul Roy proy at rsvs.ulaval.ca
Wed Sep 1 14:32:54 EST 1999

Greg Quinn wrote:

>Can someone point me to the documentation for updating the data
>files which profilescan uses. It's not clear to me how I can
>generate these.
>Cheers
>G.

This rang a bell as I remember downloading >100 profiles in GCG format in
1993, and not having updated since.  Have a look at:

http://www.isrec.isb-sib.ch/profile/profile.html

as they appear to have improved the method but changed the syntax.

Paul

 Paul H. Roy                             Phone:  +1 418 654 2705
 Departement de biochimie,FSG            FAX:    +1 418 654 2715
 Universite Laval                        E-mail: proy at rsvs.ulaval.ca
 Quebec, QC  G1K 7P4
 CANADA