IUBio

drawing transmembrane proteins

Mario Garcia mario at pinar1.csic.es
Wed Mar 31 04:13:20 EST 1999

Dear all,
I'm looking for a software program to simply draw a representation of a
transmembrane protein in that ordinary representation that it can be on
whatever scientific publication, i.e. the one-letter amino acid code,
residue by residue, closed into rectangular boxes imaging transmembrane
helices and loops connecting up and down such a helices. I'am not trying
at all to predict or model a transmembrane protein, solely I would like
to draw a cartoon!
Thank you a lot in advance for the help.
Regards,

    Dr. Mario Garcia de Lacoba          Phone   : +341 915611800 (ext.4334)
                                        Fax     : +341 915627518
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas    E-mail  : mario at pinar1.csic.es
              C.S.I.C.
          c/ Velazquez, 144                  PROTEIN MODELING UNIT
         28006-Madrid. SPAIN.