IUBio

Converting a GCG figure file

mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu
Wed Jan 20 12:00:50 EST 1999

>Thomas Burmeister wrote:
>>
>> Dear GCG users!
>> I want to convert a GCG figure file into a graphics file that can be
>> read with common applications running under Windows. Any suggestions
>> how to do this?
>> Thanks in advance for any answer (please mail a copy to tbu at gmx.net,
>> since I am no regular visitor of this newsgroup).

Post it here, read it here.

If you still have GCG 8.1 you could use my CGM driver, available from:

  http://seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu/pub/SOFTWARE/GCGCGM.TAR  or
  http://seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu/pub/SOFTWARE/GCGCGM.ZIP

If you've moved on to GCG 9.x though, you're probably on your own.  You
could try to use it there as is, but I suspect that you'll be missing
pieces you'd need to build it - and  if  it doesn't work, you won't have
the sources you need on the GCG side to fix it.

Regards,

David Mathog
mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu