IUBio

Converting a GCG figure file

Ellis Golub ellis at vesicle.dental.upenn.edu
Fri Jan 22 10:06:09 EST 1999

In article <785242$n2q at gap.cco.caltech.edu>, mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu writes:
> [...]

Here is a procedure which works.  Set your plotting device to HPGL.  GCG will
ask you what plotter you have, but it doesn't matter, choose the default.  When
GCG asks you what device the plotter is attached to, enter the name of a file
to receive the plotter commands.  Then use the program, figure, to output
the figure file to the HPGL file.

HPGL files can be imported into Corel Draw, and other PC or MAC drawing
programs.  An advantage of this procedure is that HPGL is a vector format,
so that the resulting imported image in Corel Draw can be easily edited.

Cheer,

Ellis Golub

--
Ellis Golub                  Phone: (215) 898-4629
Biochemistry Department      FAX:   (215) 898-3695
University of Pennsylvania   ellis at biochem.dental.upenn.edu
School of Dental Medicine
4001 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6003