IUBio

Converting a GCG figure file

Reinhard Doelz reinhard at doelz.com
Sun Jan 17 06:19:08 EST 1999

The use of the GIF driver will generate files that can be used like
GIF files in Windows applications (in Word processors: import image).
GIF comes extra to GCG 9 but must be licensed due to the GIF compression
algorithm used. Check with the command 'setplot' whether it is
configured
at your site. Other options include the use of Ghostview on the PC and
(expensive) graphics packages that can trace graphics files into vector
modes.
Regards
Reinhard