Restriction fragments

Aidan Weatherill Aweather at worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 28 09:08:31 EST 1998

Ok you answered with lightning speed last time, try this!

I have 12 sequences that are fairly similar, I want to work out an enzyme
digest that will differentiate between them without, and here is the trick,
cutting anwhere in a number of unrelated sequences.

ie I want to be able to find out the enzymes that cut in a number of
sequences and use this information to design a digest that does NOT use any
of these enzymes.

I hope I have explaind this OK.

Many thanks again.

Aidan.

ps if gcg does not have a module that can do this, do you know of one that
will?