IUBio

sequence alignment

Staffa.Nick staffa at NIEHS.NIH.GOV
Tue Oct 27 09:22:30 EST 1998

Pretty is the program for consensus of aligned sequences.
In SeqLab, the editor will also compute a consensus sequence.
Several special effects can be had by weighting the consensus
or other sequences; you may need to  run pretty twice once using
the -ugly switch to achieve the final result.

Nick Staffa, CMB             telephone 361-5444 ext 410
Scientific Computing Support Group
ITSS contractor
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Debra Parrish, DIR monitor.