IUBio

Pileup Dendrogram (v8 vs.v9)

Charles A. Alexander caal at bphvax.biophysics.rochester.edu
Mon Mar 23 12:41:36 EST 1998

Thanks to all who responded to my question.  I never recommend Pileup's
dendrogram for evolutionary relationship but in this particular case, it's
what the user wanted and the length of the branches (perhaps coincidentally)
seem to correspond to the respective percent identity.

I'm very grateful to you for taking the time to answer and also to Eric Cabot
at GCG who clarified what the problem was (ie. scoring matrices).
If there's interest, I'll post his reply here.

Thanks

Charles Alexander