IUBio

Pileup Dendrogram (v8 vs.v9)

Charles A. Alexander caal at bphvax.biophysics.rochester.edu
Fri Mar 20 14:09:16 EST 1998

One of the users I support has a problem with Pileup V9's dendrogram plot.  He
claims that the dendrogram plot in Version 8 is much more accurate.  After
looking at the output from both those versions and consulting the manual, I
have to agree.

Whatever the "method" was to draw Pileup V8's dendrogram, It seems the branch
lengths correspond better to the distances between the sequences and are
more proportional.  Anybody know why this is so?  I run GCG v9.1 on VAX/VMS 6.2

Thanks

Charles Alexander