IUBio

how can I obtain files *.header *.names etc etc

Paul Roy proy at rsvs.ulaval.ca
Tue Mar 3 09:22:10 EST 1998

GenbankToGCG works only for files in GenBank format.  The .ref and .seq
files may come from PIR or some of the genome projects.  The other files
are not furnished because some of them are not portable and can be
generated using DBIndex (.header, .names, .numbers and .offset).  Then use
Seqcat to generate the .seqcat file(s).

On 3 Mar 1998, Greg wrote:

> Produced using the formatting tools that come with GCG; eg. GenbankToGCG
> and SeqCat applied to the NIH data. Suggest you read the 'Database
> Maintenance' section of the GCG 'System Support Manual'.
> Good Luck.
> Greg
>
> Marco Valenzi <valenzi at iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it> wrote:
> > Dear GCG experts
> > Ihave the files *.seq
> >                 *.ref
> > how can I obtain  *.names
> >                 *.offset
> >                 *.seqcat
> >                 *.numbers
> >                 *.header     ?
> > Many thanks   Marco
>
> > Marco Valenzi
> > Istituto Internazionale di Genetica e Biofisica
> > via Guglielmo Marconi 10
> > 80125 Napoli
> > E-mail valenzi at iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it
> > tel. 081-7257303

 Paul H. Roy                             Phone:  +1 418 654 2705
 Departement de biochimie,FSG            FAX:    +1 418 654 2715
 Universite Laval                        E-mail: proy at rsvs.ulaval.ca
 Quebec, QC  G1K 7P4
 CANADA