SOLVED Re: Seqlab extensions

Tim Cutts tjrc1 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 12:49:14 EST 1998

In article <6chp9g$6sf at harrier.le.ac.uk>, Pete Humble  <pjh1 at le.ac.uk> wrote:
>Quoth Tim Cutts(tjrc1 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk)
>in article <6ch5ll$j0u$1 at lyra.csx.cam.ac.uk>:
>>
>>Solved my own problem.  It seems that rules MUST NOT have any whitespace
>>after the comma.  Could not see anything about this in the documentation.
>>
>>IMHO, whitespace should be allowed after punctuation like that, as it is in
>>most programming languages..
>>
>Why not report it to them as a bug?

I have done so, along with a second bug which is that rules lines are
extremely limited by length; if they are more than 100 characters, seqlab
dumps core.  Whoopee.

Having said all that, I now have a working FASTA 3.0 extension to Seqlab
for my users.  It's taken me two days, but I got there in the end! :-)

Tim.