IUBio

Numerical output with PLOTSIMILARITY?

Mike Mitchell m.mitchell at icrf.icnet.uk
Mon Feb 9 05:09:07 EST 1998

In article <34D34EA3.5EF32769 at erfurt.thur.de>, Thorsten Burmester
<thorsten.burmester at erfurt.thur.de> wrote:

> Hi out there,
>
> Do you know a way to force the PLOTSIMILARITY program to give a
> numerical output instead of the plot? Or some similar program which can
> do this?

You can use a command line option:

   -outfile=somefilename

and you would get a file like:

 PLOTSIMILARITY of: peplist.msf{*}   from: 1  to: 460

 Window: 10
 Scoring matrix: GenRunData:blosum62.cmp

                        February 9, 1998 10:07

 Position       Value    ..

      5          2.3
      6          2.7
      7          2.7
      8          2.6
      9          2.6
     10          2.8
     11          2.8
     12          2.6

Hope this helps.

--
Michael Mitchell                 "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                  I'll be back for breakfast."