IUBio

Evolutionary Analysis references

Charles Alexander caal at bphvax.biophysics.rochester.edu
Thu Apr 30 05:21:27 EST 1998

With GCG 9.1, I'm finding out that the evolutionary analysis programs
are quite sophisticated.  Not having much background in the evolutionary
analysis field, I thought I'd better read up on the subject so as to
better serve my clients.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on books, articles or
even web sites that may offer an introductory to intermediate discussion
of the subject.  I know that the PAUP 4.0 manual is not ready and the
only other ref I have is Chapter 11 in a book called "Molecular
Systematics."  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.

Regards,

Charles Alexander
Biocomputing Consultant
e-mail: caal at bphvax.biophysics.rochester.edu