genbanktogcg

Nadia Anwar nadia.anwar at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Apr 22 10:06:33 EST 1998

Paul Roy wrote:

> On 15 Apr 1998, M. Donald Frederick wrote:

 GenBankToGCG
> converts into a GCG-formatted database (better for multiple users).  With
> the latter you have to assign a logical name to the database and also do
> SeqCat to make it searchable by Stringsearch.
>
> Paul

Is it absolutely neccessary to run seqat after running
embltogcg,genbanktogcg,dataset as they all create the seqcat files?
My script for swissnew only uses embltogcg and  swissnew.seqcat is
created and the database can be definition searched with stringsearch.

sincerely
Nadia Anwar
B.I.T.S.