IUBio

GCG 8.1

Paul Roy proy at rsvs.ulaval.ca
Thu Apr 16 15:47:53 EST 1998

On 15 Apr 1998, M. Donald Frederick wrote:

> We are running GCG 8.1 on our machine. I would like to know if anyone
> has any tools to convert GenBank flat files into GCG format? Thanks.

FromGenBank converts into individual files in GCG format; GenBankToGCG
converts into a GCG-formatted database (better for multiple users).  With
the latter you have to assign a logical name to the database and also do
SeqCat to make it searchable by Stringsearch.

Paul

 Paul H. Roy                             Phone:  +1 418 654 2705
 Departement de biochimie,FSG            FAX:    +1 418 654 2715
 Universite Laval                        E-mail: proy at rsvs.ulaval.ca
 Quebec, QC  G1K 7P4
 CANADA