GenBank flat files

Paul Roy proy at rsvs.ulaval.ca
Wed Jun 25 12:04:32 EST 1997

Dear GCGers:
     Does anyone know what happened to the file  old.gbcu.flat.Z  which
used to be on the NCBI server, in the directory  /genbank/daily  and which
seems to have disappeared since the most recent release?  This file
contained the data acquired between the previous release and the cutoff
date for the new release.  We have been reformatting  gbcu.flat.Z  to get
a "GB_New" database, but also, in the interval between a release and the
reception of the corresponding CD-ROM from GCG, we have depended on
old.gbcu.flat.Z  which we put in a bank "GB_Temp", in order to avoid a
"hole" of two months of data.  The only alternative is to suspend our
weekly updates every two months (when  old.gbcu.flat.Z  suddenly
becomes smaller due to the new release) until the CD-ROM arrives.

 Paul H. Roy                             Phone:  +1 418 654 2705
 Departement de biochimie,FSG            FAX:    +1 418 654 2715
 Universite Laval                        E-mail: proy at rsvs.ulaval.ca
 Quebec, QC  G1K 7P4
 CANADA