lookup and SRS5

Peter Rice pmr at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 10:41:17 EST 1997

browns02 at mcrcr0.med.nyu.edu (Stuart M. Brown) writes:
> Why is ELookup so important?  LOOKUP in GCG 9 works fine for me.  I want
> an EGCG 9 for PRETTYBOX and other functions that are totally lacking
> in GCG.

It matters if you are running SRS 5.0.5 and do not want to maintain
SRS 4.0x with GCG. Hence the demand for a version of LookUp that works
with SRS 5.0.5, which SRS servers are rapidly switching to.

Sadly, it appears to be beyond the scope of EGCG. It appears to be
something GCG would have to implement.