bovine codon

Todd Ellermann todde at aretha.biosci.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 5 18:10:14 EST 1997

Thank you in advance for your response.

	I am a student worker at the University of Arizona working in the
Biotech Computing Facility. Somehow this problem has ended up in my lap
and I don't have a clue how to solve it.
	I have a user who has sent me the following request:

What I was asking for is this: since you work for the Biotech
COmputing Facility, you must be familiar with the GCG programs. When one
uses the BACKTRANSLATION program to backtranslate a peptide sequence
(known) to its potential cDNA sequence (unknown), the program in its
third step asking for:

        Use what codon frequency file (* GenRunData: ecohigh.cod *) ?

I believe the default is a codn file for E. coli. I need the equivalent
file for Bovine.

Does anyone know where I might find a bovine.cod file for this user to
use. I have done some web searches and have looked through the gcg disks
and found nothing. Does the user somehow need to enter the data himself?
Or is there a site out there that would have such a data file? How do I
install it once I get it?
	I am somewhat familiar with GCG (I do the database updates etc..
, but as far as the user side goes I have little to no knowledge. )

Thank you again.
Todd Ellermann
todde at aretha.biosci.arizona.edu