IUBio

datbase

Keith Vass k.vass at compserv.gla.ac.uk
Fri Jan 3 08:23:12 EST 1997

Francois Jeanmougin wrote:

>         Yep, but you have to had the magic .. (period, period?) at the
> beginning of the file to make GCG understand the databases logical
> names (i.e. to make it a GCG file of sequence names).
>
>                                                 Francois.

I used to believe this too but I have just tested a "naked" list (no ..)
with stringsearch and pileup and they both worked correctly. If you find
programs which do REQUIRE  the " .." please let me know.

Keith
--
Dr Keith Vass
CRC Beatson Laboratories and Glasgow Univeristy Computing Service
eMail k.vass at compserv.gla.ac.uk
FAX (0)141 942 6521