stand-alone equivalent of PRETTY

Les Klimczak lklimcza at mail1.sas.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 31 15:19:10 EST 1996

	We are trying to become less dependent on the GCG package,
especially since many PC- and Web-based programs provide parts of its
functionality and the fees/costs of maintaining GCG have not declined in
a noticable way. Our only "missing link" in making graphically enhanced
sequence alignments in the function of PRETTY - identification of similar
amino acids, as defined by a similarity matrix such as PAM250, and
labeling of the identified ones with uppercase.
	Does anyone know of any stand-alone program/macro/script that
would perform this function? TIA.

	Les Klimczak

Dr. Les J. Klimczak           |  mailto:lklimcza at sas.upenn.edu
Department of Biology         |  http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~lklimcza
University of Pennsylvania    |  Tel.:     (215) 898 3673
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6018   |  FAX:      (215) 898 8780