IUBio

searching in comment field

Don Gilbert gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu
Wed Oct 30 18:40:54 EST 1996

Stuart,

This may be a function of how SRS (or the GCG variant Lookup) is
configured at a particular server.  At IUBIo Archive, I revised the
indexing for SRS to make sure the Genbank comment fields were
searchable.  As a test of your question, I just now searched
the Genbank EST section at IUBIo, searching "Comment" fields
for "BLAST", and found 165 matches.

Feel free to use this SRS server for Genbank lookups.
  http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu:81/srs/srsc

- Don

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu