GIF from GCG graphics output

Michael Schmitz schmitz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Tue May 21 19:54:21 EST 1996

Joe Mack (mack at ncifcrf.gov) wrote:
: In article <319C4FAD.41C6 at dl.ac.uk> Martin Hilbers <mph at dl.ac.uk> writes:
: >Mr. P. Cunningham wrote:
: >>
: >> Does any one have any 'easy' fix to generating 'gifs' ( for html docs)
: >> from GCG's programs (including figure)  ie is there a ps-->gif utility?

: I use ghostscript v2.61. Be aware that later versions of ghostscript do
: not have the gif output capability. Peter Deutsch withdrew it to forstall
: possible legal complications with gif patents.

I'd use a hpgl-to-bitmap filter (hp2xx, GPL'ed), for that purpose I added a
GIF output module to hp2xx v3.20 (GIF code from the GIFdraw package IIRC).

As far as I know, the Belgian EMBnet node uses that code for their
www2gcg interface.

	Michael Schmitz