GIF from GCG graphics output

Martin Hilbers mph at dl.ac.uk
Fri May 17 05:06:37 EST 1996

Mr. P. Cunningham wrote:

> Does any one have any 'easy' fix to generating 'gifs' ( for html docs)
> from GCG's programs (including figure)  ie is there a ps-->gif utility?
>
> Phil Cunningham
> King's College Londom
> oops  London  :-)

Last time I wanted to do this I could not find anything, so I
used a postscript viewer and a screen-grabbing utility to do it.

Another option is not to use postscript, but to use hpgl, and to use
hp2xx (http://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/gnu/hp2xx-3.1.4.tar.gz) to convert
the output to gif format - You can probaly do that in one run by
specifying a pipe to hp2xx as plotting device.

|  Martin Hilbers          |       E-mail: m.p.hilbers at dl.ac.uk           |
|  SEQNET                  |       Tel:    +44-1925-603492                |
|  Daresbury Laboratory    |       Fax:    +44-1925-603100                |
|  Cheshire WA4 4AD        |    SEQNET is the UK national EMBNet node     |
|  United Kingdom          |    http://www.dl.ac.uk/SEQNET/home.html      |