Help - database size limitation with toblast!

P A Keller bsspak at bath.ac.uk
Wed May 15 13:03:42 EST 1996

Hi all,

We use GCG version 8.0 under IRIX 5.3, and I recently got the following
error message from gcg_pressdb when converting a database to BLAST format:

   database too big; raise ENTRY_MAX

I have had a good look through the sources, but I cannot find any
reference to this (presumably) preprocessor macro. I split the database
into two parts, which has solved the problem for now.

Does anyone know how to at least find out what its value is, and if it is
possible to increase it?

Many thanks for any help,
Peter.

Peter Keller.            \
Dept. of Biology and      \       "...nothing works, but
    Biochemistry,          \       everything survives...."
University of Bath,         \
Bath, BA2 7AY, UK.           \        --- Carlos Fuentes
Tel. (+44/0)1225 826826 x 4302 | Email: P.A.Keller at bath.ac.uk (Internet)
Fax. (+44/0)1225 826449        |   P.A.Keller%bath.ac.uk at UKACRL (BITNET)