GCG Genbank database size

Thomas Zucker-Scharff zucker at aecom.yu.edu
Fri May 10 15:58:20 EST 1996

>In article <31930D15.794B at icrf.icnet.uk> Alex Whittaker - BIU
><A.Whittaker at icrf.icnet.uk> writes:
>

>>size mountable under most 32 bit operating systems is 2Gb.
>
>The xfs file system under IRix has no practical limit.
>
>Joe Mack
>Sysadmin Crystallography Group,
>Duke University,NC, USA
>mack at xray.duke.edu
>mack at ncifcrf.gov

As an examplI've mounted 2 8gb file systems on our SGI Challenge and store
all the GCG data bases on 1 of them with plenty of extra room (so far).  I
will probably end up putting Genbank on one and the other dbs on the
second.

 //=\    Thomas Zucker-Scharff                    VOICE:  718-430-3512
 \=//    Director, Scientific Computing Facility  FAX:    718-430-8550
  //=\   Albert Einstein Cancer Center            BEEPER: 917-632-6416
  \=//   1300 Morris Park Avenue                  EMAIL:  scicomp at aecom.yu.edu
   //=\  Bronx, New York  10461
   \=//                WWW:    http://www.ca.aecom.yu.edu